The good thing about having my sis in Poland is that we cook so much amazing food every day. Fancy breakfasts, exciting lunches and homemade pizza + popcorn for movie nights. Perfect! Yet, there are too many recipes waiting to be posted here already, I’m not sure where to start.
PIZZA is always a good idea and I make a really good one at home.
Pizza with prosciutto and olives
My golden rule for making the crust is to use the 3:1 flour to milk ratio. I always start with adding 2/3 of the flour into the wet ingredients, mixing well to get a sticky dough, then transferring that into the remaining flour and kneading until it no longer sticks to my hands.
Obviously when it comes to pizza, the topping can be anything. We decided to use some ham, red pepper and green olives together with lots of mozzarella cheese. The result was just fantastic!
- 1 1/2 cups pizza flour
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 g instant dry yeast
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 150 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red pepper
- 100 g prosciutto ham
- 10 green olives
- 60 g fresh mozzarella
- Dried oregano
- Prepare the pizza dough. Warm the milk to 40 °C, add the salt, sugar, olive oil and basil. Mix well.
- Combine 2/3 of the flour mixture with the yeast and stir into the wet ingredients. Mix until sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into the remaining 1/3 of the flour mixture and start kneading. Once the dough no longer sticks to your hands, discard the remaining flour and keep kneading for at least 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise at room temperature for 2 h or in the fridge for at least 6 h, up to overnight.
- Once the dough has risen, spread it out in the greased pizza baking form.
- Prepare the tomato sauce by mixing the tomato paste with the oil and the basil, spread on the pizza base.
- Add the grated mozzarella, then the peppers, thinly sliced olives, prosciutto. Finish off with thin slices of fresh mozzarella and a bit of dried oregano.
- Bake for 10-15 min at 220 °C.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! 🙂