My favourite home-made Burger Buns
The recipe is from here.
- 2 1/2 cups (400 g) flour
- 14 g dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml melted butter
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) salt
- Egg wash (egg whisked with 1 tablespoon of milk)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix warm milk with sugar, yeast and 1 cup of flour, let is sit for a few minutes until it starts to slightly bubble.
- Add in the eggs, melted butter and salt, mix well.
- Add the remaining flour and start kneading until the dough is elastic and it no longer sticks to your fingers. If necessary, add some more flour.
- Transfer the prepared dough into an oiled bowl, cover with cling film or a towel and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour. It should become double in size.
- Knead the dough again, divide into 8-10 equal pieces, form buns, cover again and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Brush the ready buns with egg wash, sprinkle with some sesame seeds. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
*To keep the crust soft, place the baked buns in zipper bag and let them cool there